San Jose, CA 95125
SENIOR WEB EDITOR / MANAGING EDITOR / MARCOM PROFESSIONAL
Analytical and technology-savvy web editor with solid experience in planning, organizing, and editing content for highly visible commercial websites. Skilled at building and managing strong collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders across organizational lines to capture opportunities for fresh and compelling content that supports business-critical needs. Highly-efficient at managing multiple tasks and projects with shifting priorities and stringent deadlines. Excellent research skills with proven ability to develop and disseminate a high volume of information through multiple channels.
CORE LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATIONS
• Web Design & Development • Editorial Guidelines & Standards • Web 2.0 / New Media Technologies
• Content Strategy & Management • Search Engine Optimization • Online Newsletter Production
• Editorial Plan Implementation • Corporate Branding • Project Leadership
• Policies & Best Practices • Collaborative Relationships • Senior Executive Support
Technology Snapshot: Proficient with a wide variety of computer applications including:
PC/Mac; MS Office Suite; Web Browsers (Internet Explorer / Firefox / Netscape;
Acrobat 7.0 Professional; Lotus Notes; HTML; XML (beginner)
INTEGRATED DEVICE TECHNOLOGY, San Jose, CA 2008 to 2009
CONSUMER MARKETING COMMUNICATION PROFESSIONAL
Developed and managed the strategic and tactical marketing initiatives for the consumer products marketing communications program at IDT. Increased brand preference and consumer adoption of a new consumer brand. Demonstrated key trends in global consumer marketing, new media, promotional tactics and advertising and communications strategy with an integrated approach.
• Identified and managed worldwide, solutions-oriented marketing programs that included promotion, collateral, Web, advertising, education and PR, which created strong emotional bonds with manufacturers and consumers, driving to recognition of the consumer brand, IDT and associated brands
• Developed and executed consumer messaging, positioning, launch plans, packaging, POP and customer training materials, collateral, sales tool development, third-party product reviews, Web site content and marketing
• Closely monitored the retail marketplace and editorial communities to stay abreast of competitive and industry moves
√ Developed marketing plan from scratch for how to market the technology we had acquired from another company to customers, consumers and retailers, complete with tactics, budget and timeline, resulting in the product line and marketing departments to be on the same page
√ Created suggested redesign of Web site of company we acquired, using the latest in SEO technology
HITACHI DATA SYSTEMS, Santa Clara, CA 2007 to 2008
Oversee the editing and placement of all online content for the company website, HDS.com. Collaborate with diverse stakeholders worldwide, including content owners, marketing and messaging teams, and web developers, to ensure that all content is consistent with corporate tone and editorial guidelines. Maintain all content plans and editorial calendar. Proactively seek content within the company that is fresh, accurate, and relevant. Review and approve every web page for corporate sites worldwide prior to going live.
• Set the editorial policies and best practices for content creation, sharing, and revision for the HDS.com site and all other corporate websites.
• Develop and maintain corporate voice, style, tone, and editorial style guidelines; enforce content standards across corporate sites worldwide.
• Collaborate with marketing team members on all major initiatives to ensure quality and timely execution.
• Manage the merchandising plan, which includes making recommendations for how the company promotes key initiatives on highly visible website space.
• Analyze results of website content to determine its impact on site traffic and to implement continuous improvements in the quality of content to better meet visitor requirements.
• Serve as primary liaison to the HDS worldwide community in monitoring the freshness and accuracy of content used on the HDS.com site.
• Recommend and manage future content delivery opportunities including content syndication, interactive / multimedia applications, webcasts, community forums, and wireless deployment.
• Coordinate the translation and localization of 23 international sites to maintain a consistent look and feel.
√ Published more than 25 “Spotlights” and oversaw the implementation of 5 “Marquees” on the HDS.com home page in FY2007.
√ Received accolades from colleagues for efforts in posting nearly 1500 notes on more than 800 projects related to the HDS.com in FY2007.
√ Significantly increased website traffic by managing the publication of a monthly customer newsletter.
GARTNER, San Jose, CA 2001 to 2007
Edited and published research documents submitted by analysts and writers for this information technology research and advisory firm. Analyzed and confirmed all market research, statements, and statistics reported. Worked closely with analysts, under stringent deadlines, in publishing accurate and relevant documents that reflected the editorial style and tone of the organization.
• Rewrote advisory documents received from foreign analysts in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
• Managed the publication of “Spotlights”, a compilation of technology reports marketed to IT professionals.
• Supported other teams across the organization, on an as-needed basis, to ensure the timely publication of documents.
• Oversaw all revisions to client-facing conference presentations used at corporate events.
• Selected to perform managerial duties when department manager was on vacation.
√ Implemented process improvements that improved turnaround time by as much as 70% on certain types of documents.
√ Recipient of “Bronze Award” for reducing the turnaround times for document editing.
AGOUTI MEDIA 2000 to 2006
Developed content and the editorial plan for the company Website. Maintained and updated online content to ensure high traffic volume from a diverse audience thirsty for compelling and timely information about artists and their music.
• Wrote online music reviews for newly released CDs and live performances each month.
• Interviewed and developed close relationships with performing artists.
√ Interviewed acts that would go on to sign with major labels and release hundreds of thousands of albums.
THE PIONEER 1995 to 1997
Served in multiple roles as night editor, sports editor, and assistant copy editor, often simultaneously, for this student newspaper of California State University. Wrote articles covering various college sporting events in addition to editing a weekly op-ed column.
√ Winner of 1998 California Intercollegiate Press Association Award for Best Sports Article published in a campus weekly.
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Mass Communication – CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, HAYWARD
Professional Development Workshops:
Leadership Training Workshop – Gartner
Public Presentation Training – Gartner